Blueberry and Walnut Baked Oatmeal
Recipe and Health Benefits
Nutritional benefits of ingredients
Oats are high in fibre, blueberries are full of antioxidants and walnuts are a good source of omega-3 fats, which all help to protect against some chronic diseases, keep your immune system strong, and boost your mood.
Ingredients and Method
Serves: 4 Time: 50mins Cost: $8 approx. ($1.33/serve)
• 1 cup of walnuts
• 2 cups oats
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 cup milk
• ½ cup natural or Greek yoghurt
• 1 large egg
• ¼ cup maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons olive oil + a couple of drops to grease baking dish
• 2 cups blueberries
• 1 grated apple
• pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 1700C (fan-forced).
- Use a paper towel to grease a large baking dish with a couple of drops of olive oil.
- Whisk milk, yoghurt, olive oil, egg, maple syrup, vanilla.
- Add roughly chopped walnuts, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt to wet mixture, then mix all together.
- Fold through blueberries and grated apple.
- Place in greased baking dish and bake 40 – 45 mins.
Serve with a dollop of yoghurt!